The West Hill Cliff Railway, which is also known as the West Hill lift, opened in 1891 and a large portion of its route is in a tunnel. It provides access to Hastings Castle, St Clement’s Caves and Smugglers Adventure.
The funicular’s lower station is on George Street in Hastings’ old town.
The West Hill lift operates between 10am and 5.30pm daily and a return ride costs £3.50. Because of its narrow Victorian-era carriages, this funicular is not wheelchair accessible.